Who does RBL checks - MailScanner or SpamAssassin?

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Jun 8 11:31:54 IST 2006

Hi Martin,

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Martin Hepworth wrote:

> Res
>
> Wow 43 Million messages a day.. I think the most any has had is about 2
> million messages out of a single machine (dunno if anyone has done any laod
> tests with the recent faster code).

HUH wtf did you get 43m from? It's about 30k messages an hour,
I know I was hopeless at maths but 30000 x 500  !=43000000 ;)

> I think the best way to handle this would be to handle some sort of cluster
> with a mysql based bayes engine and using DNS to load balance.

So you want us to outlay 10's of thousands of dollars for no reason?
it handles it nicely now, and the load rarely gets above 3 when its in
peak, and all that is probably disk speed, we are fairly happy without SA
thanks :)

--
Cheers
Res