Who does RBL checks - MailScanner or SpamAssassin?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jun 7 16:39:12 IST 2006

Martin Hepworth spake the following on 6/7/2006 1:45 AM:
> Arthur
>
> Best to do it SA, then it adds to the scores.
>
> I turn most of them off by giving a zero score in my
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf, only keeping a couple RBLs to reduce DNS lookup
> time and false positives.
>
> AS Jules says the other network tests (DCC etc) are switchable individually
> as these aren't RBLs!

Does setting a zero score actually stop the RBL test, or just ignore the
score? I haven't spent enough time on the spamassassin list or in the docs yet
to know for sure. I already have nightmares about being buried in man pages!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and