Mailscanner stopped, sendmail running...

Muhammad Nauman nauman at worldcall.net.pk
Wed Jun 7 09:47:02 IST 2006

I m Having the same problem as well

infact my MailScanner is using too many MEMORY

i just installed 1 GB Ram last night and its utilizing it too .

i have set my MAILSCANNER.conf to creat 5 child process for MailScanner

but this is now getting hard to control - the server is relaying almost
60,000 to 80,000 mails daily.

Can Any one help me fine tune the server.

>> Don't know, but remember that childs can sit there *very*
>> long. (hours)
> Arthur Sherman

Thanks and regards,
M.Nauman Habib
Network Engineer
ICT Department
WorldCALL Multimedia Pvt Ltd
16-S Gulberg II Lahore, Pakistan
Off: 92 (42) 5877051-55
Cell : 0321-4311830

dangerous content by WorldCall Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.