Instructions for FreeBSD

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Mon Jun 5 17:24:12 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote:

> On 5 Jun 2006, at 12:33, DAve wrote:
>> You could simply make your installer script FreeBSD aware and
>> everything would be fine. Jan would be the man to talk to, as he
>> maintains the FreeBSD port he already knows what needs to be where
>> for a FreeBSD system.
>
> Okay, I will contact Jan-Peter, and find out what should be where.

Also forgot to mention, if you put the files according to hier (
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=hier ), you may cause a problem
by conflicting with the port based counterparts. Therefore you should
put the files in their own dirs. But again, i think the best solution is
to patch the port accordingly.