Instructions for FreeBSD

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Mon Jun 5 17:07:12 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote:
> Is my ClamAV+SA package useless on FreeBSD?
> If so, why, and is there anything easy I could do to fix it?

Not sure about that, but its much easier and properly organized
(obedience of hier) to use the ports on FreeBSD. Jan-Peter is doing a
good job at maintaining the port. When you install the MS port, an
option menu lets you select things like ClamAV, Razor, and SA as a
dependency. It is then very easy to keep things up to date with the
portupgrade script.

> It's just that it does all sorts of other tweaks and settings for you,
> as well as just build and install the packages.
>
> I guess I could just document all the tweaks it does on the wiki. Is
> that actually the best solution?

That sounds like a good idea.