[Clamav-users] Problem with internal logger

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Jun 5 16:52:44 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote on Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:01:53 +0100:

> No, as I don't know what country you might be in. It just gets it
> working for you, saving new users a nasty catch which will confuse
> them entirely. Doing things like this annoys me, as they don't
> produce a nice error message telling the user what they need to do to
> alleviate the problem.

I think it'd be good to alert the user to edit freshclam.conf and add a
local database mirror from the list at http://www.clamav.net/mirrors.html
Otherwise you make all of them query the fallback round-robin mirror which
puts unnecessary extra load on it. You still can be sure that many new
users won't do that unless you force them to do it.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany