post-install spamassassin debug yields nothing

Dan Carl danc at bluestarshows.com
Mon Jun 5 15:24:26 IST 2006

First of all I've been a happy Mailscanner user for several years now thanks
for the great software.
I started getting more spam so I decided to upgrade to:
MailScanner Version Number = 4.54.6
SpamAssassin version 3.1.2

The upgrade seemed to go fine but now when I issue the command:
spamassassin -D -lint -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
Nothing happens, I have to ctrl C to get back to a prompt.
If I issue the command:
spamassassin -D
it gets a far as here
[32085] dbg: dns: Net::DNS version: 0.57
and stops
If I run analyze_SpamAssassin_cache
Total records:       286
First seen (oldest): 77768 sec
First seen (newest): 6 sec
Last seen (oldest):  14958 sec
Last seen (newest):  6 sec
Cache Hit Rate       10%

Been through logs, google, wiki Can anyone help?

 System Info:
P3-550, 640MB RAM, Fedora Core 3, 3000messages/day Razor, Pyzor, DCC