MCP-Checker (MCP timed out) - More details of the cause

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Jun 5 08:30:32 IST 2006

Julian

1. I will first confirm that increasing the MCP-check timout fixes the
problem and lets mail from the 'slow' sites get through.

2. If increasing the timeout fixes the problem then I would like to know
why the MCP-checker is doing DNS lookups. Once I have permission I will
forward you a short message that can apparently reproduces this problem.

Will try to get back to you on these points ASAP.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.