Redirecting SMTP connections

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Jun 5 01:17:11 IST 2006

Richard Lynch wrote on Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:35:44 -0400:

> They have asked me to redirect certain connections based on the incoming
> IP address directly to their server which will comply with this
> protocol.  I don't really know how to achieve this.

Me, too ;-) I don't think you can "redirect" this. There is an easy
solution, though. They just need to communicate with a different hostname
(domain or subdomain) that they MX to their own server.
They could just call it "hippa.domain.com", which makes it quite clear to
everyone they hand that address out what it is good for.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany