MailScanner version

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Jun 2 17:49:46 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote:

> On 1 Jun 2006, at 21:47, DAve wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm about to hit the switch on my upgrade of MailScanner plus addition
>> of MailWatch and I was curious as just how bad is version 4.53.8? The
>> change log doesn't look like anything Julian fixed since would be a
>> problem for me.
>
> There was a nasty problem in the phishing net, that was the biggest
> problem. I would definitely go for 4.54.
>
>> I know I could install the latest source, and I normally only build my
>> own source but....
>
> It's written in perl, there *is* only source.

You and I know that, but if I get it by a truck...

"portupgrade -bcDivR mailscanner"

just might save the day ;^)

>> I've been trying to use the ports system on FreeBSD with my
>> MailScanner machines, half as an experiment and half "what do we do if
>> DAve gets hit by a truck" preparedness ;^).
>>
>> The most current port is 4.53.8. We run ClamAv and BitDefender, should
>> we use 4.53.8 or not? I hate to wait too long, this weekend is a
>> perfect time to do the push for me.
>
> I would not go for 4.53, personally.

I didn't think so. Well I *hate* to sound like I'm whining but here goes.

Jan, any timeframe on a new FreeBSD port of MailScanner? Looking at the
install I would think I could almost edit the Makefile and do a "make
makesum" and get it to install 4.54.6-1.

Thanks,

DAve

Veterans?