Another call for improvements

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Thu Jun 1 22:06:59 IST 2006

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:18 am, Mark Nienberg wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
> > Any of you got any features which you really need?
> > I don't guarantee to implement them, or even consider them :-)
>
> Is there currently a way to have the installation scripts create a log
> file so we can see what happened if things don't work out?

./install.sh 2>&1 | tee ms-install.log

....usually works for me.

I guess you could build that into the install script by looking for a "-L
logfile.txt" when the installer is called or something:

install(){
	#
	# The full installation process
	#
}

if [ $LOGOPT == "YES" ]; then
	install | tee $LOGFILE
else
	install
fi

Not pretty shell script, but it's 7am, I've been up since 3am and haven't had
any coffee... ;)

Cheers,

James
--
It's not the men in my life, but the life in my men that counts.
		-- Mae West