MailScanner version

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Thu Jun 1 21:47:12 IST 2006

Hello all,

I'm about to hit the switch on my upgrade of MailScanner plus addition
of MailWatch and I was curious as just how bad is version 4.53.8? The
change log doesn't look like anything Julian fixed since would be a
problem for me.

I know I could install the latest source, and I normally only build my
own source but.... I've been trying to use the ports system on FreeBSD
with my MailScanner machines, half as an experiment and half "what do we
do if DAve gets hit by a truck" preparedness ;^).

The most current port is 4.53.8. We run ClamAv and BitDefender, should
we use 4.53.8 or not? I hate to wait too long, this weekend is a perfect
time to do the push for me.

DAve
Veterans?