Best way to test links?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Jun 1 13:52:03 IST 2006

Mauricio a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have a phishing problem that is getting me crazy.
>
> I send a HTML e-mail with a link to http://localhost/eicar.com or
> another link with virus (.cmd or .pif). I’m running apache in MS and
> put eicar in apache root directory. I’ve tested all links with wget in
> MS server and I get all of them.
>
> I tried to use MS with clamav with feature “mail-follow-urls” but my
> message is still passing thought MS.
>
> What it´s wrong?
>
> What is the best way to test links inside html file?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mauricio.

Mauricio,

MailScanner can't help you out with this. What you're trying to protect
your users from is not phishing. You need a good antivirus on your
user's computers to protect them from the type of malware you are
describing.

Denis

--
   _