Another call for improvements

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Thu Jun 1 09:11:31 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote:
> Any of you got any features which you really need?
> I don't guarantee to implement them, or even consider them :-)
>
> Anything you don't like, anything you particularly like (gratitude is
> always welcome :-) I'm a right sucker for it :-)
>
> At the moment there aren't any features people want, other than a 200%
> speed improvement which I've done my best for in the past.
>
> Don't ignore anything you have asked for in the past, consider them
> forgotten :-(

Julian,

1. How about 'postconf -n' like support for mailscanner to see changed
parameters in MailScanner.conf as compared to the default values?
troubleshooting and problem reporting would be much easier this way. The
current 'MaiScanner -v' doesn't do this..

If you have a postfix based server, try a 'postconf -n' or 'postfinger'
to see the output.

2. This is more for the beta list.. but testers need to come up with a
test framework for testing new releases. Typically the test framework
ought to test: HAM, Eicar, GTUBE, Webbugs, Phishing, etc. possibly a
web-based test OR a 'telnet rt.njabl.org 2500' like test where you
submit your IP and test things.

thanks,
- dhawal