Settings Questions

Golden, James jgolden at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Mon Jul 31 15:30:22 IST 2006

Hi all,

QUESTION 1:  I am trying to find the settings that let Mailscanner know
to use bayes, dcc, pyzor, razor.  I didn't see anything in
MailScanner.conf.  But I did find, under the MCP folder, a file called
"mcp.pspam.assassin.prefs.conf"  In there were these settings:

ok_locales              en

skip_rbl_checks 1

use_bayes  0
use_dcc    0
use_pyzor  0
use_razor1 0
use_razor2 0

decode_attachments 1

Does this mean that I'm not using any of these services, or is there
another conf file I am misisng?

QUESTION 2:  I am trying to move the Bayes folder into
the /var/spool/Mailscanner directory.  Not because of speed, but space
issues.  But when I do --lint gives me this message:
# /usr/bin/spamassassin -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
--lint
[5696] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: od to avoid FPs
with other rules.
[5696] warn: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line,
"/var/spool/spamassassin/bayes" is not valid for "bayes_path", skipping:
bayes_path /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes
[5696] warn: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line,
"/var/spool/spamassassin/bayes" is not valid for "bayes_path", skipping:
bayes_path /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes
[5696] warn: lint: 3 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled
for more information

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James