[Repost] Re: won't write sendmail.in.pid

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri Jul 28 00:07:58 IST 2006

Quoting Ken A <ka at pacific.net>:

> Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> > Ken A wrote:
> >> This is a known (regression) bug in sendmail 8.13.7
> >> http://sendmail.org/releases/8.13.7.html
> >> We've reverted to 8.13.6, which doesn't have this trouble.
> >> Ken
> >> Pacific.Net

> > http://www.sendmail.org/releases/8.13.7.html (see errata section), there
> > is a patch: http://sendmail.org/patches/queue.c.20060614
>
> It's easier to revert to 8.13.6 using rpm --oldpackage than to rebuild
> sendmail from source and patch. Maybe one of these days, but not this
> week! :-)
>
> Ken A.
> Pacific.Net

Before you revert back to 8.13.6, try the RPMs at

http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/mail/

They have worked for me and fixed a recent problem with the pid file, although,
I'm not sure it's the same. He has FC5 RPMs for 8.13.7-4. They are pretty close
to RH configurations (so far, I haven't had to change anything after upgrading
from RH (Tao & CentOS) rpms).

Steve Campbell