MailScanner not seeing AVG 7 installed

rob freeman rob at robhq.com
Thu Jul 27 14:49:27 IST 2006

CentOS 4.2 running MailScanner 4.53.8.

Installed avglinux-7.1-23_avi0672.rpm on the machine and I am able to run avgscan ok:

[root at bouncy ~]# avgscan
AVG7 Anti-Virus command line scanner
Copyright (c) 2006 GRISOFT, s.r.o.
Program version 7.1.28, engine 386
Virus Database: Version 268.10.4/401  2006-07-26
License type is FULL for SERVER.
Expiration day: 29. 8. 2007

MailScanner though does not seem to know it is available.

When I run a MailScanner --lint I get this:

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = bitdefender avg f-prot clamav"
Found these virus scanners installed: bitdefender, f-prot, clamavmodule

[root at bouncy MailScanner]# find / -name avgscan
/opt/grisoft/avg7/var/update/backup/avgscan
/opt/grisoft/avg7/bin/avgscan
/usr/bin/avgscan

I see in the virus.scanners.conf it is looking at /usr/local for avg:

avg             /usr/lib/MailScanner/avg-wrapper        /usr/local

Is it ok to change this and will upgrades to newer versions of MailScanner wipe this out?

Thanks in advance.

Rob