A quick and easy performance improvement

Phillip Udel Phil.Udel at salemcorp.com
Wed Jul 26 20:05:59 IST 2006

IMO.  If you are running a raid system like I do. File placement has even
less value. I used to separate almost all my main dir's but back in the 80's
lol but now I am less concerned. Now if your running HPUX :) my favorite
Unix OS  you could control how a IO went down to the arm by file, but modern
OS's depend more on cache to replace placement.