A quick and easy performance improvement

Tim Sailer sailer at bnl.gov
Wed Jul 26 19:31:37 IST 2006

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 12:55:32PM -0500, Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
> mentioned. Security? It shouldn't *matter* how I partition my

Er, no. How about making /tmp and/or /var/tmp separate filesystems and
mounting them noexec, nosuid and maybe nodev if you are really paranoid?

There *are* good reasons for separate partitions. But, I guess I'm
showing my age...

Tim

--
Tim Sailer <sailer at bnl.gov>
Information and Special Technologies Program