A quick and easy performance improvement

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Wed Jul 26 18:59:31 IST 2006

There are a lot of things people wish MailScanner would do that can
easily be accomplished outside of the MailScanner system. It reminds me
of the discussions in firewall-related mailing lists where there is a
small group of people that wish their firewall would do things outside
the scope of a firewall (vs. for example, a security appliance with a
built-in firewall).

I think as long as people keep updating the wiki with "this three step
procedure improves this process by this much" (like putting
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming in a ramdisk) articles, JF can focus on
providing more and better core functionality.