is this just me? SPF cannot find Envelope-From?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 25 19:06:39 IST 2006

Take a look in spam.assassin.prefs.conf. Mine says this:

# SpamAssassin will attempt to discover the address used in the 'MAIL
FROM:'
# phase of the SMTP transaction that delivered this message, if this data
# has been made available by the SMTP server. This is used in the
EnvelopeFrom
# pseudo-header, and for various rules such as SPF checking.

# This should be explicitly set for MailScanner
envelope_sender_header X-ECS-MailScanner-From

Basically you have to tell it where and how to find the Envelope From
address in the headers. So make sure your MailScanner is adding this
header (obviously you can call it whatever you like, this is for my site).

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.