"I/O error on connection" problem. MailScanner related?
campbell at cnpapers.com
Sat Jul 22 01:07:07 IST 2006
Quoting "Chris W. Parker" <cparker at swatgear.com>:
> Steve Campbell <mailto:campbell at cnpapers.com>
> on Friday, July 21, 2006 12:06 PM said:
> > He whitelisted our site manually and I left my settings as they were.
> > I could have upped my sendmail timeouts, though.
> Darn. I was hoping it was something you did. I've got multiple hosts
> having this issue. Thanks though.
Well, like I mentioned, I could have upped my timeouts, but I also mentioned
that I didn't understand why these kept retrying so frequently. It is only
happening at one domain. It was like my end wasn't seeing the broken connection.
I'm not sure which greylist stuff he was using, and whether whatever he was
using might vary from how other greylisting software works.
When you say multiple hosts, are you meaning recipient or sending hosts? What
MTA are you using? What type of timeout settings do you have set? Is this
happening to any domain you send to or is it particular to one or two?
Are you running any milters? I run MimeDefang as a look-ahead milter and have
noticed an increased amount of orphaned data files in my incoming queue, but
these are more like uncleansed files as the queue files have been moved to the
outgoing queue and delivered. I think MS just s-links files and doesn't really
Sorry I can't be more specific about the problem, but I was really never certain
how all of this occurred. I just know what fixed it.
> MailScanner mailing list
> mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
> Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting
> Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/
More information about the MailScanner