MailScanner+Postfix virtual_maps support

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Fri Jul 21 20:58:50 IST 2006

On 19 Jul 2006, at 22:59, Juan Pablo Abuyeres wrote:

> I use postfix + MailScanner. My postfix configuration includes these
> lines:
> virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-vdomains.cf
> virtual_mailbox_base = /
> virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-mailbox-maps.cf
> virtual_minimum_uid = 500
> virtual_uid_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-uid.cf
> virtual_gid_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-gid.cf
> virtual_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-maps.cf
> transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport-maps.cf
>
> My MailScanner.conf file contains this line:
> Required SpamAssassin Score
> = /etc/MailScanner/rules/Tpanel.spamassassin.score.rules
>
> and that file contains:
> To: acct1 at tecnoera.com 5
> To: acct2 at tecnoera.com 4
> To: acct3 at tecnoera.com 6
> To: everyone at tecnoera.com 1
> To: acct4 at tecnoera.com 4
> FromOrTo: default 6
>
> everyone at tecnoera.com is really only an "alias".. it's a forward to
> other accounts like "acct1 at tecnoera.com", "acct2 at tecnoera.com", and
> others.
>
> The problem is when an email is sent to everyone at tecnoera.com, the
> Score
> assigned to everyone at tecnoera.com in the ruleset is not correctly
> grabbed by MailScanner, because virtual_maps rewrites the queue files
> and replaces the destination with each email address listed in
> everyone at tecnoera.com before MailScanner processes the queue file.
> (http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#virtual)
>
> I can't use alias_maps because it's only for local transport, and I
> need
> to use virtual.
>
> I was trying a 2-postfix approach, one not using virtual_maps, just to
> enqueue mails -> MailScanner -> another postfix... but it's just a
> big-
> mess solution. I didn't like it at all.
>
> So, what I think would be a good solution is an option in
> MailScanner to
> either take options from rulesets for destinations just like it is
> doing
> now, or instead take options from rulesets taking in account
> _original_
> destinations.
>
> Can anyone please give me advice on this?

Sadly there isn't really any advice to give. This is a 'design
feature' of Postfix's virtual alias expansion. The only work round is
to make everyone a local alias, which expands to the virtual aliases
later e.g. everyone at ecnoera.com => everyone at host.ecnoera.com and then
in aliases you then have everyone:	acct1 acct2 etc. You then set your
score.rules file acordingly.

Not ideal but less messy than 2 Postfix instances.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy