Filetypes and filenames not being checked

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Jul 21 16:44:29 IST 2006

Good morning,

I have just had a user bring to my attention that since I upgraded to
4.54.x we are no longer stopping filenames with double suffixes or
banned suffixes.

I tried a test and sure enough two files went right through,
test.svx.doc and test.scr. I double checked my conf files and everything
looks good, mailscanner --lint shows no errors.

I haven't changed anything in the conf file except to add MailWatch. I
went through the change log and docs and didn't see anything that I
thought would affect me.

Has there been a change in how the filename.rules.conf files work?

Thanks,

DAve

Veterans?