Rejecting non-existant users

Ken Hoegeman ken.hoegeman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 02:16:42 IST 2006

Hello All,

2 years ago I setup a spam filter gateway that delivers to a 2nd  mail
server running Windows 2003.
I set it up using a paper :
CREATING A SPAMFILTER RELAY SERVER By Scott L. Henderson
Later I added Mailscanner and everything works fine except I get a large
number of spam messages to random email addresses in 4 virtual domains

I have a Postfix book, but I cannot figure out if I can have a static list
of valid email addresses that postfix checks before running all the spam /
virus checks and trys to forward to the 2nd sever and then fails because the
address in no good.  I would like to just drop the invalid email addresses
at the postfix level.  My postfix queue is at 12,000 messages most of which
are for bogus addresses.

I have less than 150 email accounts
Please excuse my ignorance I have very limited linux know-how

Thanks for your time

Ken