"I/O error on connection" problem. MailScanner related?

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu Jul 20 17:38:49 IST 2006

Igal Katzir <mailto:igal at securenet.co.il>
    on Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:33 AM said:

> You Should upgrade the Physical Memory (RAM) of the machine.
> You can check free memory with the free command.

I definitely do need ram on this thing...

[root at filter /var/log]# free
             total     used     free   shared  buffers   cached
Mem:        255232   220660    34572        0    19556    58512
-/+ buffers/cache:   142592   112640
Swap:       514040    42740   471300

But do you think increasing the ram will help with the "I/O error on
connection" issue? It's happened four time today already, all with
different hosts.

Chris.