Modifying SpamAssassin scores when using MailScanner

Tony Stocker akostocker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 16:23:13 IST 2006

Julien,

Thanks, so basically I would just add an entry that follows the same
format as I would use in local.cf, correct?  In other words I would
just add a line to spam.assassin.prefs.conf that looks like:

score INVESTMENT_ADVICE 5.0

Is that correct?

Also, a related question - I'm using Postfix, and my SA bayes
directory seems to be
/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/.  Now the 'postfix' user is a
nologin account, and the home directory is slightly different.  When I
use `sa-learn` to try to train the SA bayes database from root, the
files get created in /root/.spamassassin.  I want to train the
system-wide entries, thus applying to all users, in the
/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/ directory.  How can I do this?

Thanks for the help, by the way the book has been very helpful for
most situations!

Tony