A Few Post Install Questions

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Wed Jul 19 23:14:11 IST 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Phillip Udel wrote:

> Currently I am running a 5 for Spam Actions and I quarantine them and a 9
> for the High Scoring Spam Actions witch are deleted. This might be hard to
> answer, but would that be a normal setup for a company?

I have run 5 for spam and 10 for high spam for a loooong time, and it works
for my site.

> Would it be unwise to push up the Spam score on RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET  and
> a few other list servers to something like 15 to force the mail into a high
> score and force the delete?  I figure if they are in the lists then I don't
> need them.

IMHO, bad move.  I used to use spamcop for a DNS RBL and they seemed to have
gotten overly aggresive in the past six months or so.  I was starting to get
howls from my users.  I quit using them both as a sendmail RBL and within
MailScanner's RBL list.  I just let SpamAssassin boost the spam score.  I
wouldn't fiddle with the default SA score either.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College