MS not scanning some mails.

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Fri Jul 14 11:55:20 IST 2006

Hi

if you haven't got a local caching nameserver then thats the first thing
to try...

depends on what nameserver you want to use, but bind is the most popular
and is very easy to setup this way...

install bind

edit the named.conf file so only has forwarder information for your
uplink DNS server.

start bind (named)

edit the /etc/resolv.conf so it points to 127.0.0.1 rather than your
uplink DNS server..

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

Sujith Emmanuel wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>      I do hope the problem was due to DNS issues, but how do you check
> whether bayes is the culprit or not.
>
>      I do not have a caching nameserver on the MS machine. Can you
> please send me a link on that.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Sujith Emmanuel
>
> On 7/14/06, *Martin Hepworth* <martinh at solid-state-logic.com
> <mailto:martinh at solid-state-logic.com>> wrote:
>

>     Hi
>
>     depends why SA is timing out, normally this is due to DNS issues, but
>     could also be down to bayes either..
>
>     have you got a local caching nameserver on the MailScanner machine?
>
>     --
>     Martin Hepworth
>     Senior Systems Administrator
>     Solid State Logic