[Fwd: Postfix 2.3 stable release available]

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 12:42:41 IST 2006

On Wed, July 12, 2006 11:57, Peter Bates wrote:

>> drew at themarshalls.co.uk 12/07/06 09:29:52 >>>
>>On Wed, July 12, 2006 03:16, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>> Just an FYI for postfix users. Bonus points for the first one to try
>
>>and see if it works with MS :)
>
>>I am running 2.3RC4 with no problems and I cannot believe there has
>>been much changed since the release candidate.
>
> As an aside, it's interesting Wietse has chosen to implement Milter
> compatability, which considerably widens the options for having certain
> functionality (e.g. AV scanning) at a level before MailScanner might be
> reached.
>
> Most intriguing...

Quite. Perhaps this was done to continue the 'Sendmailish feel' that has
always been claimed. Does now mean I must go and find out what can be done
with a milter. Never bothered before... Is there a central list of
available milters I wonder?

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy