How do i completely turn off RBL checks?

Michael S. admin at thenamegame.com
Wed Jul 12 05:02:26 IST 2006

I'v never understood the syntax in spam.assassin.prefs.conf.

What is the proper syntax? Is it;

# skip_rbl_checks 1

skip_rbl_checks 1

# skip_rbl_checks 0 or

skip_rbl_checks 0

Also I want to remove RBL checks in mailscanner.conf

The lookups for RBLS is still happening and SA is scoring spamcop etc.

I have the following in MailScanner.conf

Spam List = # ORDB-RBL SBL+XBL # You can un-comment this to enable them

# This is the list of spam domain blacklists which you are using

# (such as the "rfc-ignorant" domains). See the "Spam List Definitions"

# file for more information about what you can put here.

# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

Spam Domain List =

# If a message appears in at least this number of "Spam Lists" (as defined

# above), then the message will be treated as spam and so the "Spam

# Actions" will happen, unless the message reaches the levels for "High

# Scoring Spam". By default this is set to 1 to mimic the previous

# behaviour, which means that appearing in any "Spam Lists" will cause

# the message to be treated as spam.

# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

Spam Lists To Be Spam = 5

# If a message appears in at least this number of "Spam Lists" (as defined

# above), then the message will be treated as "High Scoring Spam" and so

# the "High Scoring Spam Actions" will happen. You probably want to set

# this to 2 if you are actually using this feature. 5 is high enough that

# it will never happen unless you use lots of "Spam Lists".

# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

Spam Lists To Reach High Score = 8

Is this correct?

Thank you.