MailScanner[7194]: ERROR: Unable to create temporary directory

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 00:23:15 IST 2006

On 11 Jul 2006, at 19:28, Sid Ramdane wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using MS on Fedora Core 5 with spamd, pyzor and razor.
> The MTA is postfix and I am seeing errors, which I believe are
> caused by permission; however I do not know where to start.
>
> I have followed guidelines here: http://www.clarkconnect.com/wiki/
> index.php?title=Howtos_-_Anti-Virus_and_Anti-
> Spam_Filtering_with_MailScanner
>
> Also I am seeing when postfix restart errors:
>
> Jul 11 18:10:17 cansado postfix/postsuper[6336]: warning: bogus
> file name: hold/razor-agent.log
> Jul 11 18:10:34 cansado postfix/postsuper[6407]: warning: bogus
> file name: hold/razor-agent.log
This is becuase the home directory for the user that is running
SpamAssassin (Postfix) is being used to store the log file. Stop
Postfix and delete it. Stop MailScanner and add razor_config /var/
spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/razor/ to spam.assassin.prefs.conf

Make sure these directories exist and can be written by the postfix
user. Make sure that you run razor-admin -create -conf=/var/spool/
MailScanner/spamassassin/razor (In my example. Pick where ever suits
you. Make sure you change the value in spam.assassin.pref.conf) and
make sure a line 'logfile = razor-agent.log' and a line 'razorhome = /
var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/razor' are in place.

You can now restart MailScanner and Postfix and all should now be happy.

Drew
been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy