Norman Sandbox and MailScanner

Sjakie sjakie07 at chello.nl
Tue Jul 11 19:36:44 IST 2006

Denis wrote:
> Maybe you need to modify how MS calls Norman AV... Look into
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/norman-wrapper (or wherever
> /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf points to for your AV).

/etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf points to
/usr/lib/MailScanner/norman-wrapper

======[ /usr/lib/MailScanner/norman-wrapper ]========
PackageDir=$1
shift
prog=nvcc

if [ "x$1" = "x-IsItInstalled" ]; then
  [ -x ${PackageDir}/$prog ] && exit 0
  exit 1
fi

exec ${PackageDir}/$prog "$@"

But as far as i can see the way Norman is called is ok,
also because the logfile of Norman tells me it detected a virus.

I also looked at the file /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm
and i think that in this script the output of Norman is analyzed (sub
ProcessNormanOutput).

But i don't really understand perl so can anyone tell me if this is right?