Restricted incoming users ruleset

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Tue Jul 11 00:13:50 IST 2006

Industry Standard Computers wrote:
> Everyone:
> I didn't know if this is a postfix or MS question or if someone has a
> ruleset fix for this I might have.
>
> On one of my email servers I have "restricted users" who have no rights
> to INCOMING email.  So anyone sending in email to those accounts gets a
> bounce message like the following:

Actually, that's not a bounce you site below.. that's a reject. Technically
bounces happen after the message has been accepted.

In general, what you want to do is a MTA thing, in your case postfix.

MailScanner acts only after the message has been completely received and
accepted by your MTA, so it could not do what you're doing here.

MailScanner could generate a post-delivery bounce message, but that's a Bad
Idea. (You can get blacklisted by SpamCop for this kind of crud, so I'd advise
against doing it intentionally.)

Unfortunately, I'm not a postfix expert, so I don't know how to configure it to
do this.