spamassassin socket

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Mon Jul 10 14:24:57 IST 2006

Martin Hepworth wrote:
> glaucius junior wrote:
>> Hi list
>>
>> I'm writing to know if I can configure MailScanner to use SpamAssassin
>> via socket, because I would like to run a SpamAssassin daemon in
>> another linux box.
>>
>> best regards
> mailScanner doesn't use spamc/spamd, it uses the perl API to call SA on
> the local box..

And having used both I might add that MS using the API seems much faster
to us. Fast enough in fact make us switch from doing spamc calls on the
mail toasters to using SA on our MS servers. Note that spamc and spamd
speed cannot be blamed on network issues as we use a 1gb private backend
for the spamc connection.

Just my 2 cents.

DAve

Veterans?