Overloading Rulesets & CustomFunctions

Brad Beckenhauer brad at beckenhauer.com
Fri Jul 7 10:06:07 IST 2006

>>> Scott Silva<ssilva at sgvwater.com> 7/6/2006 5:28:29 PM >>>

Brad Beckenhauer spake the following on 7/6/2006 1:37 PM:
> On Thu, July 6, 2006 2:25 pm, Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>> Brad Beckenhauer wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> Is there a way to use the overloading technique with the
>>> CustomFunction?
>>>
>> Not currently, you cannot combine rulesets/values with a Custom
>> Function. Though if you search the archives, there is a way to use more
>> that one Custom Function for the same 'Option'.
>>
>> - dhawal
>
> I was hoping that I could overload the white/blacklist so that it would
> work in conjunction with Mailwatch (Feature request?).
>

>>> Example:
>>> Is Definitely Not Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.whitelist.rules &SQLWhitelist
>>>

>>> First MailScanner checks the spam.whitelist.rules then it checks the
>>> &SQLWhitelist.
>>>

>>> thanks Brad
>>>
>> --

They are two different ways to do the same thing. Do you need something in
MailScanners whitelist that isn't in the Mailwatch version?

Well, this is now going to go OT, my newly installed Mailwatch does not allow users to release email, change their passwords or spam scores.   While I'm in the process of debugging (any suggestions), I though it would be great if I could just overload the "Is Definitely Not Spam" and "Is Definitely Spam" since I already had rulesets created.

This is more of a Mailwatch question: I need a whitelist that allows all email from a network (ie. 192.168.2.0/24) to anyone at my domain.  Will Mailwatch allow this type of rule?

thanks!
Brad

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...