MailScanner stopped scanning

Ed Bruce edwardbruce at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 5 17:50:12 IST 2006

Drew Marshall wrote:
> On Wed, July 5, 2006 17:30, Ed Bruce wrote:
>
>> Drew Marshall wrote:

>>> Me thinks this could be the culprit. Have you restarted MailScanner,
>>> just
>>> in case? If this doesn't work, try again this time in debug mode.
>>>
>>> Drew
>>>

>> I get this error in debug:
>>
>> [root at mail1 root]# MailScanner -debug
>> In Debugging mode, not forking...
>> no connection to syslog available
>>     - _PATH_LOG not available in syslog.h at
>> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Log.pm line 152
>> [root at mail1 root]#
>>

> Which modules did you upgrade and more the point, which others were forced
> as linked/ dependencies? I think there has been a similar thread recently
> about this (Like in the last day or so).
>
> Drew

If I recall it was IO, IO::File, IO::Pipe, Sys::Syslog, and
Test::Harness. I didn't note the forced dependencies. Don't know what
possessed me to upgrade them, get bored sometimes. Is there a list of
modules and the versions they should be for MS to work. Are there known
unsupported versions. Lastly can I go back to a supported version???