tuning

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Wed Jul 5 17:41:59 IST 2006

Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:

> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>> Also consider using the SpamAssassin Cache settings in MS.conf and
>> also setup a small 100MB TMPFS partition (to keep mailscanner's work
>> dir and SA cache)
>>
> How does one modify the size of a tmpfs partition? I thought it just
> took whatever RAM was available.

On my centos 4.x box

# echo "none /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming tmpfs
mode=700,size=300M,uid=postfix,gid=postfix 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
# mount -a
# df -h /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/
/dev/shm              300M   14M  287M   5% /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

This ought to be there on the wiki someplace.. btw the usage (including
SpamAssassin.cache.db) never goes beyond 30-40MB on a server processing
100000+ mails.

- dhawal