DCC config and SA lint complaints

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Mon Jul 3 18:52:39 IST 2006

Gang,

I googled for this one, lots of people ask, no answer found...
I have the following in my spam.assassin.prefs.conf file, because
I install DCC in /opt/dcc:

dcc_path  /opt/dcc/bin/dccproc
dcc_home  /opt/dcc

If these two lines are there, spamassassin --lint chokes:

/opt/perl5/bin/spamassassin -p /opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint
[12758] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_path /opt/dcc/bin/dccproc
[12758] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_home /opt/dcc
[12758] warn: lint: 2 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more information

If the lines are not there, then DCC does not get used.
I did a workaround by creating a symlink in /usr/bin for
dccproc.  The problem with this is that SA redirects its message
output to dccproc instead of using the dccifd daemon (because SA
can't find the dccifd socket if dcc_home is not specified).

How do I use the two dcc specifiers for Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
(see http://www.annocpan.org/~FELICITY/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.1/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/DCC.pm) without having SA lint complain???

I ran into this when I installed Rules Du Jour today.  Rules Du Jour
won't work if SA doesn't pass the lint test.   Aaaarrgh.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College