Best Way to Control Relaying?

Muhammad Nauman nauman at worldcall.net.pk
Sat Jul 1 22:01:15 IST 2006

> On Jul 1, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Muhammad Nauman wrote:
>
>> the PROBLEM is - why is it not blocking those who are not AUTHORIZING
>> !!!
>>
>> its like an OPEN RELAY - with out it
>
> What's in your /et/mail/relay-domains file?

i do'nt have relay-domains file in /etc/mail/

but after some recompiling - i have managed to stop relaying mail which are
out of my domain. ie ( for example : abcxyz.com)

250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 15000000
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
Mail from:no at no.com
250 2.1.0 no at no.com... Sender ok
RCPT to:no at no.com
550 5.7.1 no at no.com... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.

But Still it is Relaying Mails to Users with RCPT of my domain - it do'nt
ask for auth from them - how can i fix it ?

250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 15000000
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
Mail from:<>
250 2.1.0 <>... Sender ok
RCPT To:nauman at abcxyz.com
250 2.1.5 nauman at abcxyz.com... Recipient ok
data
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
.
250 2.0.0 k61KuNfU024159 Message accepted for delivery

dangerous content by WorldCall Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.