Best Way to Control Relaying?

Muhammad Nauman nauman at worldcall.net.pk
Sat Jul 1 20:53:18 IST 2006

>> No i telnet it on port 25 from another machine .
>>
>> where i could find any error abt it ?
>>

> Did you recompile the access file? Usually "make -C /etc/mail" or "makemap
> hash < /etc/mail/access > /etc/mail/access.db" and then restart the
> sendmail process (or MailScanner) should do it.
>
> I never have to use "AUTH: OK" and "*: REJECT" ... it's set up that way
> implicitly.

how are you controlling your RELAYING feature then  ?

yes i did all that  --
makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db < /etc/mail/access

and have restart mailscanner ( or only just sendmail ) but the output is
same

where as - if i do check the option in my mail client to AUTH SMPT - then it
verifies and works fine

the PROBLEM is - why is it not blocking those who are not AUTHORIZING  !!!

its like an OPEN RELAY - with out it

dangerous content by WorldCall Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.