ALL_TRUSTED problems

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Tue Jan 31 21:54:02 GMT 2006

Julian Field wrote:
> You might need to add
>    clear_trusted_networks
> before you set the trusted_networks value.

Nah, the only time you should need to do that is if there's a trusted_networks
already declared in another config file. If you're dealing at the site rules
level, only one file should have a trusted_networks statement at all. Better to
verify that than try to fix it with a clear.

I run my site with one trusted_networks statement (in my local.cf) and no
clear_trusted_networks. This worked fine on 2.64 and still works fine on 3.1.0.

In general clear_trusted_networks is really only useful in user_prefs files. It
can be used where one user wants a different trust path than the one called out
by the config at the site_rules level. They might want that if they get their
mail forwarded from some other site.