This is weird

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Fri Jan 27 23:34:16 GMT 2006

Ken A wrote:
> sonic.net (a neighbor of ours) runs a dccd server, as I bet these
> others do as well. Probably something dccifd does, though I'm not
> sure why. Ken
> Pacific.Net

Thought it might be something like that.  Figured sonic's host was a
spamtrap or tarpit.  Not likely we've got a really really honest spammer
out there! <g>

I have UDP port 6277 open for outbound so DCC should be OK.  I ran
"spamassassin -D --lint" and did see the following output:

 debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
 debug: DCC is not available: no executable dccproc found.

so maybe not all is well in DCC land.  Not sure what it's telling me
there.

In spam.assassin.rules.conf I uncommented the "use DCC 0" line to
disable it and restarted.  I'm still seeing attempted traffic to
66.250.40.33 (clapton.quatro.com), but the others seem to have abated.
Maybe I'll disable razor and pyzor too and see what happens, then add
things back in when I absolve them.

Guess I can look to troubleshooting DCC Monday morning.  Any clues to
that appreciated.

Thanks...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500