blank "is" report lines in syslog?

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Jan 27 19:51:06 GMT 2006

Matt Kettler wrote:
> DAve wrote:
>
>>Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
>>

>>>===> BTW <====
>>>
>>>Who uses spamcop anymore for either an RBL or SpamAssassin scoring?
>

>>We dropped them after going round and round with them about bounce
>>messages.
>

> I for one am SOOO glad spamcop blacklists sites generating backwash. In this day
> and age blind-accepting mail queues are just as bad a smurf amplifiers.
> Blacklist them all to hell until they clean up their act.

We don't blindly accept messages. But we do send a bounce if the mailbox
doesn't exist, or if the box is overquota, or if the message is too
large, or delivery fails for any other reason. Some of these bounces
will be after the connection and the message has been accepted.

Email requires post-smtp bouncing, not just because of RFCs, but to work
properly. But I won't go further as this has been torched in all
directions on many many lists.

Suffice to say he asked if anyone dropped SpamCop, I responded that we
had, and stated why.

DAve