winmail.dat

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu Jan 26 00:09:28 GMT 2006

Is it possible to strip the RTF junk out of inbound RTF messages?
(something like the strip HTML option)  I'm blocking them now via
filetype but that's sorta draconian.  When HTML mail comes in, it often
has a text component, and the HTML "attachment".  Does RTF do this too,
or is the RTF MIME section the whole of the email?  I'm under the
impression that the winmail.dat section is the mail and it isn't
replicated in the text body area but don't really know that for sure.
I'd like to let the message through but throw away the winmail.dat
attachment if possible.

I waded through MailScanner.conf but nothing jumped out at me...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500