The article I wrote about mailscanner has been published

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 25 17:27:05 GMT 2006

DAve wrote:
> Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>> (IN)SECURE Magazine is a freely available digital security magazine
>> discussing some of the hottest information security topics.
>>
>> Issue 5 was just released. Download it from:
>> http://www.insecuremag.com
>
> "Individual or small businesses will usually rely on
> the usually not-very-effective ISP spam filters or try
> client-side software."
For "small businesses", include Microsoft in the list. They use
manually, yes I said manually, maintained black-lists plus Outlook's
spam filter. They deliver all their spam to the desktop and then try to
filter it there!

Read this if you want a laugh:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/msit/security/messaginghygienewp.mspx

--