Mailscanner being bypassed?

Brian Atkins batkins at tlcdelivers.com
Mon Jan 23 22:00:31 GMT 2006

Greetings. I'm relatively new to Mailscanner. I have a server running
Sendmail 8.13.5, SpamAssassin 3.1.0, and Mailscanner (not sure which
version). Today, I was working with the greet_pause setting in sendmail.
I originally set it to default (700) and custom connection times for our
internal clients (from our custom setting (5000)) to try and deal with
local clients timing out when trying to establish a connection. It sped
up the connection for the internal clients, but seems to have caused
issues with Mailscanner.

At this time, I have moved the previous sendmail.[cf|mc] back in place
and restarted both Mailscanner and sendmail separately seveal times, but
it appears that I'm now getting a very heavy influx of spam messages.
Also, the X headers (Mail Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner:) seem to
have disappeared.

I combed back through my sendmail config files and Mailscanner (also
glossed over spamassassin), but cannot find any issues. I also dug into
the documentation on the .info site and reviewed the list archives.

I would appreciate any input.

--
Brian Atkins

"An adventure is never an adventure