-Worm.VB-8

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Thu Jan 19 20:40:24 GMT 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Kevin Miller wrote:

> Anyway, what I was asking is who designated this work Worm.VB-8 and what
> other antivirus companies are catching it.  I'm running Trend, F-Secure,
> and ClamAV.

ClamAV called the original variant, which involved executable attachments,
Worm.VB-8.  The problem variant now seems to be called Worm.VB-9, which is
the one that involves the uuencoded attachments that when decoded produce
what ClamAV calls Worm.VB-8.

> I believe F-Secure is calling it Worm.vb.vi
> http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/vb_bi.shtml
>
> Not sure if any of the others I use is catching it yet or not.  If they
> are, what are they calling it?

I have no info on other scanners.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service