MailScanner and sendmail - Problems

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at irc-addicts.de
Thu Jan 19 17:00:47 GMT 2006

Hi there,

sorry for the late answer..
my first day at work after a few days ill in bed..

ok..

reinstalled a fresh installation.
went through the config-file, edited it..and then set MailScanner to be
started at systemreboot

Works fine..
rcMailscanner restart works fine
rcMailScanner stop just stops MailScanner, sendmail-out and
sendmail-client, but sendmail-in still exists.
at least, it accepts connections:

root      4095     1  0 17:58 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: accepting
connections

so..
if i do type
rcMailScanner stop
and then after editing configs
rcMailScanner start
there are problems..

but restart seems to work fine..

at least..

i hope..

if needed there is still the option to check on my system ;)

Greetings

Marcel