Release 4.50.9 : Re: Worm.VB-8 not detected by filename or filetype

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Wed Jan 18 22:12:43 GMT 2006

Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> [...]

Julian,

I *might* have figured the error, here's the situation..

Notify Senders Of Viruses = no
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = yes

But filename.rules.conf has been modified to use deny+delete rather than
simply deny.
deny+delete     \.pif$ - -
deny+delete     \.scr$ - -
deny+delete     \.cpl$ - -

Yet MailScanner (i think) tries to send out a notification for the
policy violation and yes.. this time being sent from localhost it
obviously doesn't show the IP address. The problem is it goes into an
endless loop post this situation of trying to send out the notification.
Any ideas?

- dhawal